..Those DREADFULLY large bags under her eyes. Her gown and hair were ultra fab but I those eyes had me humming "Bag Lady". I love me some Taraji P. Henson. Her acting is phenomenal and ,like many of you, I've been ridin' with her since Baby Boy. But it looks like Jody got his hands on her again but got her in both her eyes this time. Her eyes age her and take away from the rest of her flawless face. The Bag Lady syndrome is easily preventable (thats why its always a FAIL).
Lots of ladies have the same problem. The puffiness is fluid build up under the eyes that can come from the smallest things like eating overly salty foods, using anti-wrinkle creams under eyes too often, excess water or simply aging . Most celebs choose the needle as a cure but I have some tips and techniques that are way less painful, less expensive and more simple.
- Refrigerate used teabags or soak teabags in chilled/ice water. Squeeze excess water from the bags and put them on your eyes. Leave them on your eyes for 15-10 minutes. The cold and caffiene help to shrink the baggage.
- Splash cold water on your face after washing.
- Apply a bag of cold peas or refridgerated, sliced cucumber over the eyes for 15 minutes.
- Pop two spoons in the freezer then put the cold back of the spoon on your puffy areas.
- Avoid drinking water right before bed or in the middle of the night.
- Don't tug on your lower lid when applying eyeliner or other make-up.
- Apply concealer that matches your skin as close as possible or a slighty darker one to make the area less noticeable.
- GET YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP...lack of sleep is the most common reason for baggies.
- Hemerroid ointment is a classic way to get rid of puffiness but the U.S. no longer makes it with the miracle ingredient that wisked away the baggies. Luckily, my girls in Canada and the UK can still utilize this old remedy though.
These tips should gradually get rid of or prevent this beauty offense. I never seem to get a full nights sleep so I'm constantly sitting around looking crazy as hell with some green tea bags on my eyes. lol Hopefully, someone forwards this post to my girl, Taraji or her make-up artist.
If any of you other ladies have had this problem, post your remedies or your questions. Toodles babes!!